Join us for the 4th annual Cook-a-Thon on Sept. 15-16, 2017 & make a difference for Twin Cities families!
Teams and Individuals
Select a Team:
With Open Arms, we nourish body, mind and soul.
It's a simple notion: people who are sick should not be without food. Yet every day people in our community with life-threatening illnesses find themselves unable to shop or cook — and, often, without the support network to help.
That’s where we come in. Open Arms of Minnesota cooks and delivers free, nutritious meals to people living with life-threatening and chronic illness in the Twin Cities.
With the help of more than 5,500 volunteers, we’ll deliver 600,000 delicious meals this year to people living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis and ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease), as well as their caregivers and dependents.
Your support of the Cook-a-Thon makes a huge difference for people in our community:
- $3,120 can provide a client with an entire year’s worth of healthy meals
- $1,680 can provide a month’s worth of nausea care packs, full of easy-on-the-stomach foods, for all of our clients experiencing nausea as a result of chemotherapy or other medical treatments
- $500 can provide five insulated delivery bags that ensure that client meals remain at a safe temperature during delivery
- $240 can provide a client, their caregiver and two children with a week’s worth of meals
- $60 can provide a client with a week’s worth of nutritious meals
- Just $5 can provide a delicious meal to nourish a neighbor in our community!
Learn more about:
Hear from our clients and Executive Director about how Open Arms of Minnesota nourishes clients living with life-threatening illness with healthy, delicious meals: